Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I just don't get it!

I cannot help but see that the Christian life is one in which we His disciples are supposted to do everything we can to be AS Christ was. I don't see how people can resolve themselves to think that their sin struggles will not get any better and that they WILL NOT see perfection in this life. Maybe, I am wrong. Maybe, we don't have the same Spirit inside us that Christ had. Maybe, he never intended for us to taste victory in this life. Maybe, it's okay to just allow yourself to think that everything is okay, I'm trying as hard as I can and I'm not going to get any better at this anyway.

Maybe...

But I Do Not Think So. Am I wrong?!?

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

This sounds like Martin Luther's mournful struggles with his sin. He found liberation in the free grace of Christ.

This is the danger of too great an emphasis on personal holiness -- seeing our salvation or merit before the Lord as predicated on our own actions.

Good thoughts, Samuel.

2:13 PM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

course you aren't wrong - but we've become fixed inour sin, and defeatist in our attitude.

where is the joy
where is the love
where is the discipleship
where is the passion

2:36 PM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

for the things of God

(sorry I pressed enter too soon!)

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home