Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The whirlwind renews

So I have not done anything on here in quite some time...

I know that I should probably be keeping up with my blog, but I have found it hard to have time to do much of anything.

God is SO good, and yet sometimes He seems so confussing (I know its not Him its me). But anyway, I have decided that Asbury is where God wants me to be (for now) though it took me quite a long time to be okay with that. Second, I believe that God wants me to start a program of focused christian discipleship (much like that of Wesley's Class meeting system). Thirdly, I wish that He had chosen someone else to help this church through these transitions. I am looking forward to starting my Masters program and now my church people feel that it is time to reinvint ourselves (most think it is God telling us to do this, some think that it is the only way that Trinity will be around in 3 to 5 years). As of January 1st we will have our primary worship be a Non-traditional service focused on the lost of our community. Great idea bad timing (for me anyway). I will ask that those of you who read this might pray for me and God's will for my life and the life of the church he has sent me to lead. i know that he will work everything out, but I just doubt my ability to cope with all the stresses of school, be a pastor, and bringing the church through such transitions (not to mention being a husband and father of four).

God your ways are true and I want to trust you so grant me peace for this journey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samuel,

Just stopped in off the blog roll. I feel it might be pretentious to offer any words of wisdom on a blog comment, but I want you to know you are being prayed for.

God Bless,
Jeremy

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home