Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Discipleship Experiment

So, My Discipleship experiment has been going on for a month now, and to my dismay the people have totally rejected the idea of accountable discipleship. I know that I said Discipleship is a choice, but I thought that at least some would choose it. Have we become so complacent in our faith that we no longer feel that being as Christ is a necessary and obtainable goal?

On a related note, I have found that when a discussion to live in Christian discipleship has been made and their is no accountable support, when written down becomes much harder to follow through on. In my last post I discussed how well my personal discipleship was going. Since I wrote it down and made my commitment permanent and asked for others to hold me accountable to that discussion I have found it almost next to impossible to follow through with when those who were asked to hold me up have not followed through on that commitment.

I still believe that accountable Christian Discipleship is a key necessary component of a healthy Christian life, but it seem to be a harder pill to swallow in today's complacent American church than I thought.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep. but why?

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accountable Discipleship seems to be taking off in the UK.

In Jesus,
Maria
www.inhishands.co.uk

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Living Beyond You said...

If people are not committed to be learnable teachable and duplicatable and to see there leader doing what they teach then optimally it will not work out the way Christ did it. So I agree with you that you need a support person and team to keep you accountable.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home